miércoles, 15 de enero de 2014

MUDÉJAR IN TERUEL. A COLLABORATION OF MARÍA ODÉRIZ,BORN AT THE 21TH CENTURY



 
MARIA ODÉRIZ
There are so many great moments with patrimonio para jovenes.  It makes me so happy, even if I have to work hard on this project.  Up until recently, most of the participants have been born in the ‘80s and ‘90s, some of them even born in the late of ‘70s. With María Oderiz, with a Mum from Aragon and father from Navarra, we welcome those born in the 2000.
She was going to spend some Christmas days in Teruel.  But before she went there, I proposed to her that she organize an excursion to the mudejar. ( If you wish to know more about this you can read about mudejar tours on http://www.spainisculture.com/en)
I also asked her to talk about the cultural heritage “turolense”. I think she has done very well. Everything you are going to read is written by her. She is also the photographer of the photos and has selected the links to the websites. I hope you enjoy reading! My happiness can´t be greater! Here we go with Maria´s work:
“When I was asked to write briefly about the Mudéjar art in Teruel I asked myself, how to do it? Not because there were few buildings in this style, but because there is so much. If you walk around this town, you can see a lot of mudejar details... Buildings, balconies ornaments, ceramics, street letterheads…









 My choice was the two towers most famous in Teruel and about them there is a nice beautiful legend. I´m talking about San Martin and San Salvador towers.
The legend said that the two towers were built for two architects. Both of them wanted to married a beautiful young lady. She said she would marry to the one who reached to build the best tower. At the end she married to the architect of San Salvador, because San Martin tower was slightly inclined. The architect of San Martin killed himself diving from his own tower. You can read the legend here: www.teruelmudejar.com/#la-leyenda/3
This is only a legend, but I have to say both towers are stunning and from the bell tower of San Salvador you can see all the town of Teruel. At San Salvador tower we met Diego Hernandez the man in charge of this site who was very friendly with us and demonstrated a great interest about the project “Patrimonio para jóvenes”(heritage for youth) .Thanks a lot Diego! Here you have the web: www.teruelmudejar.com
I visited the tower with my cousins and my brother. We enjoyed taking pictures and trying to listen to the echoes from other old times…









 Can you see the inclined tower of San Martin?
I was also asked to talk about some typical shops in Teruel. My choice was Muñoz pastry, but I could have talked about Ferran, a clothing store founded in 1820 and located in a modernist building at “Plaza del torico” the most famous square in Teruel. Here is a link: www.ferranteruel.com/index.php/historia
At Teruel besides ham and cured meat, are typical the “regañaos” – a salted muffin with ham, bacon, sardines and pepper. We had a brief at Muñoz and we eat “regañaos” which I recommend to you. I don´t know anyone who does not like them-


Here you can see me with my brother and cousins eating “regañaos” Here you have the website of Muñoz: www.dulcesdeteruel.es
At the tourist office we were very well attended and they proposed to us a lot of opportunities (even discounts) in order to enjoy Teruel and the Mudejar www.turismo.teruel.es
I cannot finish this post without talking about “the lovers of Teruel”, probably one of the best symbols of the city.  It deserves another visit to discover the mausoleum of lovers, and the tragedy of Diego and Isabel.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario